Thursday, January 11, 2007

4 Things to be happy about today

1. On January 1 a new rule in Germany went into effect that allowed... wait for it... stores to stay open as long as they want! Outstanding. It's like they read my mind, and I'd personally like to welcome Germany to the nineties, on behalf of all Americans. The change meant that I could swing by the local Rewe and pick up some muesli, yogurt, chocolate, and Pringles (they're like America all over my mouth).

2. The first half of the day was busy, but the second half was relaxed. So my partner Ricardo and I became Flickr friends (aw, group hug!), and took pictures of what's inside our bags for the What's in your bag? pool. I've always wanted to do that, and I don't know why it took so long. For some weird Web2.0/RealityTV/OCD reason it feels good to organize the contents of my (favorite) bag, take a picture and share it with the world. Maybe because I really like that bag and most of the stuff inside. Like that all-in-one tool... I love knowing that I can adjust all the important stuff on my bike AND build Ikea furniture at all times. As my old friend Craig would say, titties.

3. While we were at it, I took a pic of our office, and Ricardo posted it. Gee whiz I love standing on desks.

4. I'm in our kitchen, sitting on a chair at the little blue kitchen table. I know that doesn't sound like a very big deal, but it feels like forever since I've had a place to sit down with my computer and write something (outside of work of course). I don't have a desk or a chair in my room. And until Tuesday night, the kitchen was empty and waiting for Ikea to deliver. But then they did, and now there's places for stuff and the washing machine works and we can boil water and I can sit in a chair and life is grand. It's the simple things, man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about No.5. Income.i
How about No.6 I'm alive and kicking?
How about No.7 Bicycles.