Thursday, February 01, 2007

Help me Lionel, you're my only hope.

As of this moment, right here, tonight, my upstairs neighbor has lost the right to complain about the volume of my music/television/whatever. He's lost the right completely, and he's lost it forever. Whatever weirdo modern day musical game show in front of a live studio audience he's watching is coming loud and clear through the thick cement walls of our building. And the only thing louder than the TV is his booming voice that occasionally yells, and often sings along. I'm picturing a fat old guy with broken hearing aids and a drinking problem.

This is one of the rare cases where I am lucky to be a foreigner in a foreign land; the only way this could be more annoying or distracting, would be if I understood the voices coming out of the television.

Funny - I just wrote that run-on sentence, and now I'm hearing an ad for the upcoming Lionel Richie concert here in Hamburg. I totally wanted to go, but the tickets start at 85 euros. Sorry Lionel, but I can't afford to dance on that ceiling. Perhaps I'll you can sing me to sleep instead... through my headphones at full volume.

No comments: