Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Ritter Sport Review #2

Flavor:

Erdbeer Joghurt (milk chocolate with strawberry yogurt filling)

Sweetness: 3 out of 5

Wow, this mofo is sweet. The chocolate is sweet, the fruity filling is sweet, it's all just a tornado of sweetness stabbing me in the throat. Not as obnoxious as some cheap POS chocolate bar, but too sweet for me.

Texture: 4 out of 5

The chocolate is creamy, the yogurt is creamy, and the crispies are crispy. Crispies? Yes. What I thought were little rice crispies are in fact, according to Ricardo, who always seems to know about these kinds of things, dried strawberries. Clever! And a delightfully contrasty addition. I like. The whole thing feels light and Spring-y... though ironically, it's not part of the Spring collection.

Devourability: 2 out of 5

It's tasty, but a little too sweet for me to want to shove the whole thing in my gullet all at once. This one needs to be enjoyed in small bits over time.

Frequency: 1 out of 5

You know what doesn't belong in chocolate? Fruit. Here, they've done a nice job of putting together two things that don't go together... but still. No.

Overall: 10 out of 20

Yeah, this was a fun little trip into girly chocolate territory. But I'm ready to take off the dress and have a Halbbitter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to post a fundamental difference in candy ideology here I'm afraid. Fruit and chocolate coming together is one of the best things since peanut butter and chocolate coming together. Yesterday, I ate a chocolate covered strawberry the size of my fist. And the Germans seem to have a particularly delightful grasp of the fruit + chocolate equation.

Plus... I prefer milk chocolate.

Wanna fight?

Shelley said...

Someone's getting lazy!

Or you actually have a life. *defeated sigh*