Saturday, December 23, 2006

2006

Things that happened to me in 2006 (in no particular order):

Lived in London, Hamburg, San Jose and Hamburg.

Got a job, officially starting my new career. Hard to believe that two years ago I was waylaid in cubicle hell wishing I'd get laid off.

Learned a lot about advertising and how to write. And I still need to learn so much more.

Worked with really great people like Grant, Sebastian, Erik, Jens, and Pablo. Good people, good brains, good ideas. Fucking great art directors.

Fell in love, got my heartbroken, lived to tell about it.

Made a whole bunch of new German friends.

Moved to Europe, permanently. I live in Europe!

Bought a nice bicycle, and officially re-integrated cycling into my life.

Got hit by a car while riding that nice bicycle. The bike was fine. I was fine after three weeks or so of hobbling and healing.

Bought a lot of really cool clothes, including the most expensive pair of jeans ever. Fucking Diesel. I never cared about clothes until the last two years or so... but these days I really dig my wardrobe.

Turned 30. Oddly, I'm having more luck with women now than at any other age so far.

Rediscovered the joys of Gran Turismo, playing catch with good friends, and riding my bike at night.

Saw Babyshambles and Tool in concert. Babyshambles was excellent - Pete actually showed up, was only a little drugged out. The performance was raw and honest. Tool wasn't as good as it should have been. Sonically spotless, but they felt disengaged... like they'd rather be at home watching TV.

Reconnected with the fabulous Romines, the ever beautiful Cassie, and my old friend Phil.

Experienced World Cup Germany, in Germany. It was great! The world descended upon Hamburg (and a bunch of other German cities) and partied for three weeks straight. The German team did so well - finishing up in third place overall - and the whole thing was fabulous.

Travelled to Berlin, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, San Francisco. That's not really enough though... I need to travel more.

2 comments:

Grant Mason said...

you forgot making out with a british chick at a Blues bar in london

Anonymous said...

Moved to Europe, permanently.

I can not support this. I think you meant "Moved to Europe, until SF calls me home."